WhyStudy in Ireland?
Education in Ireland is free at all levels for Irish nationals and resident of theEuropean Union. This includes university education as well. However, thisbenefit is not applicable to international students.
Entryinto the undergraduate courses (ordinary and honours degree courses) isgenerally done through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
This way, prospective students apply throughthe CAO rather than applying individually to each university.
Safetyin Ireland: Travelling through Ireland is not dangerous atall. The biggest danger you might face could be pickpockets who wouldsimply snatch your bag, which is a risk anywhere in the world. Other than thatcountry is safe for people of Indian origin, as “racist-hate” crimesare uncommon.
Indians living in Ireland: There are around 100,000 Indians residing in Ireland currently. Cities like Galway, Dublin, Cork, Limerick, and Athlone are the regions where most Indians reside.
Admission Procedures in Ireland :
1. For eachcourse, a minimum academic score of 60% and above in Standard XII is required.
2. The Foundationsand the Diploma programmes are available for students who have secured around50%.
The students should have to completed 18 years of age before joining a degreeprogram.
3. It isimportant to remember that even though entry requirement is lower at Irishuniversities, the education standard is not. Hence,you should carefully enhance your ability to cope with the high standard ofeducation through the course of next few years beforehand.
4. Admission Process: For undergraduate courses, the Irishuniversities accept applications through Central Applications Office (CAO) anonline enrolment system.
5. You willhave to create an account on the CAO website to provide your basic information,submit the scanned version of your documents, score of TOEFL/IELTS and payapplication fees.
The documents to be submitted are:
Here are some of the basic requirements you’ll need for admission in different universities:
1. Scan copy of class 10th, 12th & graduation mark sheets
2. IELTS/TOEFL result
3. GRE/GMAT result
4. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
5. Resume/ CV
6. Passport Size Photos
7. Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programs)
8. Certificates of achievement of extracurricular activities.
|Cost of living: – Course costs, costs which you only have to pay once, not regularly/ which you may have to pay if you are travelling to Ireland.Make a note of ones which apply to you and estimate the total cost of these. Visa application, Travel insurance, Medical insurance, Post/ baggage to / from Ireland, Registration with police, Mobile phone.|
|Cost||Monthly (€)||Annual (€)|
|Books & Class materials||€70||€630|
Irishstudent visa requirements: –
Indian studentsmust have apply for a visa to enter Irelandbefore they travel.
Studentswill be required to have accepted an offer of the recognised programme of studyin Ireland and to have a receipt of payment letter from a college in Ireland, beforeyou can begin process of applying for your visa overseas to study in Ireland.
Studentsfrom with the EU do not need visa to study in Ireland.
Tuitionfees in Ireland: –
1.Indian undergraduate students
2. Arts and humanities: €10,000 – €16,500
3. Business: €10,000 – €16,000
4. Engineering: €10,000 – €21,600
5. Medicine: €31,000 – €50,000
6. Sciences: €10,000 – €21,600
7. Indian postgraduate students
8. Arts and humanities: €10,500 – €20,000
9. Business: €10,500 – €30,000
10. Engineering: €10,500 – €19,500
11. Medicine: €12,000 – €52,000
12. Sciences: €10,500 – €18,000
Documents required for Student Visa:
1. Valid passport at least for three months beyond your period of stay in Dubai.
2. An offer letter from Dubai University.
3. Application fee payment receipt.
4. Student Health insurance receipt.
5. Statement of purpose (SOP).
6. Two passport-sized photographs.