About BDS Program in India:
1. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is an undergraduate course in the field of dentistry. The basic or degree level qualification for the dental profession in the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) which is the 5-year duration (including 1-year internship).
2. Selection for the BDS is through an All India Entrance Examination. The minimum qualification required for the entrance is 10+2 or equivalent with the science subjects. In the case of private medical colleges entrance examinations are conducted by the institutes individually.
3. Every student shall undergo period of 4 academic years divided into the 8 semesters, followed by the one-year compulsory internship. Dental education in India is regulated by the Dental Council of India.
4. BDS is undergraduate degree program in medical field. It takes the duration of 5 years for the completion. This course has high demand after12th by biology stream students. This dentistry course teaches the students various treatments such as Oral Medicine and Radiology, Dental Materials, Surgical Procedures, Oral Pathology, Dental Anatomy and Oral Histology and Community Dentistry.
Eligibility for Entrance Exams-
Qualifying Exam– 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in both Classes 11th and 12th from a recognized board.
Minimum Age Requirement– 17 years on December 31, 2019. Candidates must be born on the before January 1, 2003.
Maximum Age Limit –Not more than 25 years of age for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of the age for the reserved and PWD category candidates (Case pending before Supreme Court; final criteria will be notified with the release of the NEET application form 2019).
Qualifying Marks-UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for the PCB subjects).
Maximum Attempts-No limit on the permitted number of the attempts.
Nationality– Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
How to get admission into BDS program?
1. To get admission into the BDS program in India, students have to be complete their 10+2 education with the Physics, Chemistry & Biology and score minimum 50% marks (40% in the case of reserved the category).
2. The given qualification is not enough to get admission into the BDS course; students have to be appear for the National Level Examination conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi, i.e. NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). Students also apply for the AIIMS Entrance Exam to the get admission into BDS program.
3. The year 2016, the Supreme Court bans are the state level or university level examinations for the admission into BDS&MBBS courses.
Now, all the admission into MBBS & BDS course are through NEET Exam
Course Details: –
1. The BDS is one of the most sought courses after the 12th science in medical field. There are the so many colleges and universities from across the countries which are most offering the BDS course.
2. The students, who have cleared the 10+2 examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th stream, may go for the BDS degree course.
3. The BDS the only course in India to become a Dentist. The BDS course contains the basic subjects like a prosthodontics, oral medicine and radiology, periodontology and oral implantology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, conservative, endodontics and aesthetic dentistry.
4. It is the course with hands on training with five years a long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of the diseases and treatments according to the them.
Possibilities and Scope of BDS in India: –
1. Indian Medical Universities approved by the DCI that offer intensive professional possibilities for the medical graduates after theirDENTAL degree in India.
2. They can apply for moreover examines or get the arrangements within the clinical enterprise, to shape are the professional outlook. Therefore, the clinical enterprise in India has be marked a note worthy ascent and people are the selecting this management, accordingly the Indian students qualified from Indian medical universities have the opportunities of achieving work in prominent hospitals or health facilities likewise building up there are clinical profession in India..
3. With increasing stress levels, pollution and unhealthy lifestyles and then, people also becoming aware the repercussions on the physical health and dental health due to all of this, is reason enough for the tremendous need and thereafter, professional respect for the talented and knowledgeable dentist.
4. The life-saving profile of a dentist is an added advantage its wide scope at present and in future, always.
Job profiles for BDS professionals: –
3. Junior Dental Surgeons
4. Dental Professor or Lecturer
Top Colleges for BDS: –
1. Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
2. Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
3. University of Mumbai
4. University of Delhi
5. Manipal University
6. Goa University
7. SumandeepVidyapeeth University
8. Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
9. Shree Guru Gobind Singh TricentenaryUniversity
10. Sri Ramachandra University MBBS and BDS
MDS- Masters inDental Surgery
1. These initials refer the doctor’s credentials – they indicate the type of medical school of the doctor attended and the licensing exam they took to become a doctor. MDS stands for “Masters in dental surgery,” and is the most common type of the degree earned by doctors who practice in medicine.
2. All Dental schools award an MDS degree, usually after 4 years’ undergraduate study at a college or university followed by 4 years of medical school.
3. Most of the major medical colleges in India offer by the PG Diploma or Degree courses in there are Dental programs. For example, Masters in Dental Surgery (MDS) Diplomat of National Board (DNB)
4. The universities who offer MS or MD degrees are the affiliated to DCI (Dental Council of India) and the NBE (National Board of Examination) awards DNB degree in India. The NBE regulated by the Health Ministry of the India through an independent body. The various streams available for the medical are: –
1. Master of Dental Surgery
2. Master of Dental Surgery in Community Dentistry
3. Master of Dental Surgery in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
4. Master of Dental Surgery in Conservative Dentistry
5. Master of Dental Surgery in Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
6. Master of Dental Surgery in Oral Medicine & Radiology
7. Master of Dental Surgery in Pediatric Dentistry
8. Master of Dental Surgery in Pedodontics
9. Master of Dental Surgery in Pedodontia& Preventive Dentistry
10. Master of Dental Surgery in Preventive Community Dentistry
11. Master of Dental Surgery in Prosthodontics
12. Master of Dental Surgery in Public Health Dentistry
13. Master of Dental Surgery in Oral Medicine
14. Master of Dental Surgery in Oral Pathology & Microbiology
15. Master of Dental Surgery in Oral Pathology
16. Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics
17. Doctor of Philosophy in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
18. Doctor of Philosophy in Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
19. Doctor of Philosophy in Oral Medicine and Radiology
20. Doctor of Philosophy in Prosthodontic
21. Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health Dentistry
22. Doctor of Philosophy in Orthodontics