What is BBA?
1. Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA isa 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management,the minimum eligibility for which is class 12th from a recognizededucational board with minimum score of 50%.
2. The course is divided into six semestersand comprises variants like BMS, BBM and BBS. It can also be pursuedthrough Correspondence/ Distant learning modes and admission to thesame is based on entrance tests carried out by different colleges anduniversities
3. Some such entrance tests conducted byrespective universities for admission into BBA course are:
Tuition fee of some top courses in India ranges from:
1. Tuition Fee for BBA course ranges from 1 to 2.5 lacs(approx.).
Eligibility for BBA Program:
1. Admission to the course is generally entranceexam based. The entrance tests are organized at national, state oruniversity level by various authorities. A merit list is prepared on thebasis of qualifying examination or entrance examination.
2. Most of the colleges conduct separateentrance exam for admission to BBA course. Some of the entrance exams conductedfor BBA course are as follows:
3. AIMA UGAT – AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a nationallevel examination conducted annually by All India Management Association(AIMA).
4. It is conducted to screen capable candidates for admission invarious courses such as BBA, BCA, Integrated MBA, BHM, B. Com etc.
5. SET – SET or Symbiosis Entrance Test is a common testconducted by Symbiosis International University for admission in undergraduatecourses in the fields of Law, General, Design, Engineering and HealthScience.
6. IPU CET – IPU CET 2019 (IP University Common Entrance Test) is auniversity level entrance exam conducted for admission to 60 undergraduate,postgraduate and research courses. Admission to BBA course is also done on thebasis of Lateral entry i.e. entrance to the course in second year.
7. Universitieslike Lovely Professional University and Annamalai University provide thisoption. The eligibility for this is qualification of first year examinationfrom a recognised university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
BBA Career Prospects:
1. After successful completion of Bachelor ofBusiness Administration course, graduates can either opt for higher educationor seek employment in different sectors.
2. Generally, students pursue an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) course and specialize in aparticular department or field of study.
3. Masters or post-graduation in ManagementStudies, Human Resource Development Management, Financial Planning and WealthManagement etc. are considered to be good options.
4. A combination of BBA and MBA is consideredhelpful in gaining constant promotions and high-salary job in the businessworld.
5. BBA course opens up a spectrum of jobopportunities in the fields of Advertising, Academic Institutes, Banking,Consultancies, Foreign Exchange, Hotel Management, Manufacturing Industry, ITand ITES, Urban infrastructure & real estate management and variousGovernment services.
6. Top recruiters for BBA graduates areAccenture, Genpact, TCS, HCL Technologies, International Business Machines(IBM) Corp to name a few.
Business Development Executive
Project Manager (IT)
Human Resources (HR) Manager
Operations Team Leader