About Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery(BAMS):-
Qualifying Exam–1. Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is an undergraduate course in the field of Ayurveda.
2. The candidate having the BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery) degree is eligible to be called as a doctor and eligible to do the private practice in field of Ayurveda.
3. It is very tough to pursue the BAMS course. This course is now in demand by the students after the 12th.
4. This course teaches the students various treatments such as KriyaSharira, Dravyuaguna, Svasthavritta and yoga, RogaNidana and vikritivijnana, Kaya chikitsa, kaumarabhriya, Prasutitantra, shalya Tantra, Shalakya Tantra etc.
Why Choose India for BAMS Course: –
1. Ayurveda is a 3,000-year-old system of natural healing that has its origin in the Vedic culture of India.
2. Ayurveda is a system of medicine with historical roots in Indian subcontinent.
3. In countries beyond India, Ayurveda therapies and practices have been integrated in general wellness applications and in some cases in medical use.
Ayurveda has been enjoying the major resurgence in both its native land and throughout the world. 4. Tibetan medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine both have their roots in Ayurveda.
5. Early Greek medicine also embraced many concepts originally described in the classical ayurveda medical texts dating back several thousands of years.
Eligibility for Entrance Exams-
Qualifying Exam– 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in both Classes 11th and 12th from a recognized board.
Minimum Age Requirement– 17 years on December 31, 2019. Candidates must be born on the before January 1, 2003.
Maximum Age Limit –Not more than 25 years of age for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of the age for the reserved and PWD category candidates (Case pending before Supreme Court; final criteria will be notified with the release of the NEET application form 2019).
Qualifying Marks-UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for the PCB subjects).
Maximum Attempts-No limit on the permitted number of the attempts.
Nationality– Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
Course Details: –
1. The BAMS is one of the most sought courses after the 12th science in medical field. There are the so many colleges and universities from across the countries which are offering the BAMS course.
2. The students, who have cleared the 10+2 examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th stream, may go for the BAMS degree course.
3. The BAMS is the only course in India to become a vedic doctor. The BAMS course contains the basic subjects like a., such as KriyaSharira, dravyuaguna, svasthavritta and yoga, RogaNidana and vikritivijnana, Kaya chikitsa, kaumarabhriya, Prasutitantra, shalya Tantra, Shalakya Tantra.
4. It is the course with hands on training with five years a long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of the diseases and treatments according to the them.
Possibilities and Scope of BAMS in India: –
1. As a medical officer in Central Government Health service
2. As a medical officer in State govt. Ayurveda hospitals.
3. As Medical officer in private Ayurveda Hospitals
4. As a Medical officer at Private Ayurveda medical colleges.
5. In Govt. Organization like CCRAS / ICMR/ Medical Plant Board.
Job profiles of BAMS may be the following: –
1. Ayurveda Dietetics
2. AyurvedaPharmaceutics (Rasa Shastra &BhaishajyaKalpana)
3. Ayurveda Anesthesiology
5. AyurvedaProfessor or Lecturer
Top Colleges for BAMS: –
1. All India institute of ayurveda, Delhi
2. All India institute of medical science, New Delhi
3. J. B. Roy State Medical college, Kolkata
4. Ashwin rural AyurvedMahavidyala, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
5. Aryabhatta Knowledge university, Patna, Bihar
6. Ayurvedic and Unani tibia college, New Delhi
7. Banaras Hindu university, Varanasi
8. Bharti Vidyapeeth, Maharashtra
9. Collage of ayurved and research center, Maharashtra
10. DeshBhagatAyurvedic college and hospital, Punjab
MD- Doctorate of Medicine in Ayurveda: –
1. MD in Ayurveda stands for “Doctorate of Medicine in Ayurveda,” and is the most common type of the degree earned by doctors who practice in Ayurveda.
2. All medical schools award an M.D. degree in Ayurveda, usually after the 4 years’ undergraduate study at a college or university followed by 4 years of medical school.
3. Most of the major Ayurveda medical colleges in India offer by the pg Degree courses or Degree courses in there are medical programs.
1. Ayurvedic Dietetics
2. Cultivation of Medicinal Plants
3. Ayurvedic Beauty Therapy
4. Ayurvedic Drug Standardization
5. Ayurvedic Lifestyle Management
6. Ayurveda Cosmetology and Skin Disease
7. Ayurveda Obstetrics and Gynecology
8. Ayurveda Pediatrics(Balroga)
9. Ayurveda Anesthesiology
10. Management and Administration of Ayurveda Institutions
11. Ayurvedic Compounder Training
12. Ayurvedic Cosmetics
13. Ayurvedic Food and Nutrition
14. Course in Ayurvedic Astrology
15. Yoga Teacher Training Course
16. AyurvedicPharmaceutics (Rasa Shastra &BhaishajyaKalpana) Netra RogaVigy